Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hmm

Default hmm

Can you still get the aran rings that give att? Or is that over? I dunno if this is the right place to ask, but it's gameplay questions so it's probably ok...

Second question... should I be an assassin? I'm probably gonna start playing Maple again soon, and I think assassin would be pretty cool... but, I'm sure that they have cons like every other class. Can somebody tell me those cons please?

Thx in advance! =D

Aran ring event lasts until June(?). And second question I'll leave to be answered by a professional.

Quote Originally Posted by LaTale View Post
    Aran ring event lasts until June(?). And second question I'll leave to be answered by a professional.
    Oh you can't answer the second one? Oh ok that's fine =P

hmm... yeah ok I'll wait for somebody else to answer that. By the way how much time left to get the rings then? You say till june right? Well, how much time left then?

hmm wait now its february? one sec. hmm. oh, 4 months left? is that true? if someone can confirm this, I'd appreciate it.

The Aran rings will stay till June. You'll have to level your Aran to level 30, 50 and 70 to get upgraded.

As for selecting for classes, it's up to personal taste.

Pro: Highest damage.
    Con: Not good against mobs. But sins can eliminate almost as quickly.
    I'm Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharticus View Post
    The Aran rings will stay till June. You'll have to level your Aran to level 30, 50 and 70 to get upgraded.

As for selecting for classes, it's up to personal taste.

Pro: Highest damage.
    Con: Not good against mobs. But sins can eliminate almost as quickly.
    Was hoping for a more detailed answer, but thanks anyway michael...

By the way I thought they have this big star called Avenger which is a mob one? oh but they need to get away from monsters... hmm, flash jump could help with that.

hmm well I don't really know of any other cons that they have. Probably unstable damage since critical is 50% and sp is 80%... hmm. well unless HS database is wrong.

Anyway it'd be cool if somebody else would reply with a more detailed answer... no offense to you michael, you helped me in some way too. but I kind of want a more informative answer from somebody that has experience in this if you know what I mean.

Well yeah still waiting for other replies if anybody's willing to waste their time on me... >.<(if only helping people would be benefical to people... maybe they'd actually do it.)

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

In regard to your Assassin question:

Pros:
    1. Very good damage/cost ratio. Despite what most people think, you can have very decent damage as a dexless sin with minimal funding. Because the L7 formula relies only on Luk and Att, a minimally equipped dexless sin will always outdamage an equally funded regdex sin (until much later).
    2. Cost effective. Sins have high avoid and use ranged attacks, making them very cheap to train. If you use your character well, you can make a few pots last a very long time. In 2nd job you get Endure or Drain (depending on which build you take). In 3rd job you get Alchemist, which increases the effects of pots by 50%. In 4th job you get Shadow Shifter which gives a 30% chance at dodging an attack. Combine these potion saving skills with your normal high avoid, haste, dark sight, and flash jump, and Sins can be a very cheap class.
    3. Popular class. Early on, parties will often want Sins for their good attacks and haste. Later on, Night Lords are some of the most important bossing characters.
    4. Very active class. Unless you choose to "snipe" enemies, you will constantly be jumping around and picking off enemies. You can really get into playing a Hermit if you use Flash Jump effectively.

Cons
    1. Weak mobbing class. Although Avenger is a very decent mob move, it isn't fully utilized until mid 3rd job. Sins rely heavily on single attacking abilities to train.
    2. Very low HP. Early on this won't be noticeable, but it will later. New equips like the MoN and 4th job Medal allow you to play without HP washing, but it is still difficult. Eventually, you will pot EVERY hit. Auto-HP is very helpful for a sin. You aren't as potion taxing as BMs/MMs/Sairs, but you will still run through quite a few potions until you max Shadow Shifter.
    3. Unstable solo damage. Contrary to popular belief, sins actually have a very low solo DPS later on. Shadow partner's stars are only 50% of your original damage. With skills like Sharp Eyes, your damage is increased significantly (sins get the most noticeable boost from SE). Without SE, a NL is somewhat weak.
    4. Expensive books. Your main attacking skill in 4th job (triple throw) is very hard to max. TT30 is one of the rarest skills in the game (excluding MW30). I don't know about other servers, but in Kradia, it is selling for over 300m. This means you pay for a 50% chance of gaining access to the skill. It could take 1 try, or it could take a thousand tries to pass. TT30 damage is very good compared to TT20 damage. This is the one reason I have not deleted my NL. Even though he has been unequipped and inactive for months, he has TT30 passed, making him a very valuable character should I choose to restart. Until you pass TT30, the majority of your funding should be spent trying to obtain it.

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Tesiqurasa View Post
    In regard to your Assassin question:

Pros:
    1. Very good damage/cost ratio. Despite what most people think, you can have very decent damage as a dexless sin with minimal funding. Because the L7 formula relies only on Luk and Att, a minimally equipped dexless sin will always outdamage an equally funded regdex sin (until much later).
    2. Cost effective. Sins have high avoid and use ranged attacks, making them very cheap to train. If you use your character well, you can make a few pots last a very long time. In 2nd job you get Endure or Drain (depending on which build you take). In 3rd job you get Alchemist, which increases the effects of pots by 50%. In 4th job you get Shadow Shifter which gives a 30% chance at dodging an attack. Combine these potion saving skills with your normal high avoid, haste, dark sight, and flash jump, and Sins can be a very cheap class.
    3. Popular class. Early on, parties will often want Sins for their good attacks and haste. Later on, Night Lords are some of the most important bossing characters.
    4. Very active class. Unless you choose to "snipe" enemies, you will constantly be jumping around and picking off enemies. You can really get into playing a Hermit if you use Flash Jump effectively.

Cons
    1. Weak mobbing class. Although Avenger is a very decent mob move, it isn't fully utilized until mid 3rd job. Sins rely heavily on single attacking abilities to train.
    2. Very low HP. Early on this won't be noticeable, but it will later. New equips like the MoN and 4th job Medal allow you to play without HP washing, but it is still difficult. Eventually, you will pot EVERY hit. Auto-HP is very helpful for a sin. You aren't as potion taxing as BMs/MMs/Sairs, but you will still run through quite a few potions until you max Shadow Shifter.
    3. Unstable solo damage. Contrary to popular belief, sins actually have a very low solo DPS later on. Shadow partner's stars are only 50% of your original damage. With skills like Sharp Eyes, your damage is increased significantly (sins get the most noticeable boost from SE). Without SE, a NL is somewhat weak.
    4. Expensive books. Your main attacking skill in 4th job (triple throw) is very hard to max. TT30 is one of the rarest skills in the game (excluding MW30). I don't know about other servers, but in Kradia, it is selling for over 300m. This means you pay for a 50% chance of gaining access to the skill. It could take 1 try, or it could take a thousand tries to pass. TT30 damage is very good compared to TT20 damage. This is the one reason I have not deleted my NL. Even though he has been unequipped and inactive for months, he has TT30 passed, making him a very valuable character should I choose to restart. Until you pass TT30, the majority of your funding should be spent trying to obtain it.
    No words in my mouth, just... thanks dude. I really needed a detailed response like this one.

Just a question, though... should I be dexless, low dex or reg dex? Which one will be the strongest even when I'm like lvl 150? I thought dexless are but they can't use reverse/timeless stuff... which are really strong.

The link in Tesi's sig
    噢如果超人会飞
    那就让我在空中停一停歇
    再次俯瞰这个世界
    会让我觉得好一些

哦拯救地球好累
    虽然有些疲惫但我还是会
    不要问我哭过了没
    因为超人不能有眼泪

Quote Originally Posted by nanop44 View Post
    The link in Tesi's sig
    You mean, the low-dex guide? OH cool I'll read that guide, but... is it worth being low dex?im looking for the strongest build that would make me the strongerst ic an be.

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

It really depends.
    Long story short:
    Dexless until 120, then lowdex.

The ideal sin would be a Craven+ user. Some people manage to equip lvl 100+ equips with only 25 base dex, but this is beyond difficult. It's too complicated to explain in just a few paragraphs. The guide should give a decent intro into what a lowdex sin is and why it has the possibility to be stronger.

Spoiler!