Hi all. To those who know me IRL, do not smexpose. Thanks, and enjoy.

Prologue

gen·u·flect (jěn'yə-flěkt')
intr.v. gen·u·flect·ed, gen·u·flect·ing, gen·u·flects

1. To bend the knee or touch one knee to the floor or ground, as in worship.
2. To be servilely respectful or deferential; grovel.

The storm trooper waved his hands, and his platoon rounded the corner, guns leveled. Around them, a snowstorm was beginning to whip up, and the officer simply didn't want to get caught in it, nor be responsible for any soldier's death through his inaction. As they ran off into the darkening snowfields, a small figure emerged from the remnants of the weapon and armor store, blood smeared all over his tiny hands. Only 4 years in age, he couldn't comprehend war; in fact, the only thing he could comprehend was that all his friends and his family were dead, dead by the hands of troops from some far off land, using superior weapons. El Nath hadn't stood a chance.

8 years later...

The 12-year-old knelt before the gravestones, tears dropping onto the damp soil. The mages had certainly done a good job of keeping it free of snow, but that thought barely registered over his regret and anger. "I wish I had been strong enough then..." As fresh bouts of crying racked him, he raised his right hand out, three fingers extended, and whispered, between breaths, "I swear... I'll do anything for revenge. Anything."

He had no idea.