Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Logistics

Default Logistics

I'm only level 18, and my character's aigal in windia. Here are just some observations that I found out whilst playing:

1. to build combo, you may as well use a weaker weapon. Not only will you kill slower, which means you can get more shots out of a single monster -> combo builds faster -> use finishing move sooner

2. it really helps to get armor

3. it's easier to get to 500 combo before you put more than 1 point in double swing. why? you don't do as much damage

4. you need to take stretch breaks VERY often, especially for the hand you are attacking with in the first job and both hands in the second job.

5. I'm using a sky snowboard right now. Not only is it "noobish and weak", it lets me build up combos... and it's fast

What are your thoughts about these observations?

Quote Originally Posted by ime1729 View Post
    I'm only level 18, and my character's aigal in windia. Here are just some observations that I found out whilst playing:

1. to build combo, you may as well use a weaker weapon. Not only will you kill slower, which means you can get more shots out of a single monster -> combo builds faster -> use finishing move sooner

3. it's easier to get to 500 combo before you put more than 1 point in double swing. why? you don't do as much damage

4. you need to take stretch breaks VERY often, especially for the hand you are attacking with in the first job and both hands in the second job.

5. I'm using a sky snowboard right now. Not only is it "noobish and weak", it lets me build up combos... and it's fast

Just because you can get a combo up high doesn't mean an increase in DPS enough to lower the attack of the wep. The aran booster is also better than other booster because it raises the speed by (3)...? so the speed of a pole arm will mean less. Also, the speed between attacks while using double/triple swing is the same no matter what speed on the pole arm. Not sure if I can confirm that but me and a friend spent about 10 mins trying to count how high we can get our combo within a speed limit while using a Surfboard compared to a steel polearm (both with lvl 16 booster). It almost always came out to be nearly the same number.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    I was conceived around 4-5am.

After you get Combo King medal, there's really no reason to hoard combos.
    Butts.

213 181 178 166 165 164 162 152 147 135 134 130 125 123 123 120 120 104 100 100

Not a problem for those of us who like frequent bathroom breaks. Our hands are already strong enough, if you get my drift. ;)

Since the atk boost u get from combo maxes at 100 combo therefore the most atk ur EVER gonna get is 10 and def/mdef of 50 theres no point in boosting ur combo any higher then that. Also when u get combo drain and smash theres no point to getting ur combo past 30 since thats the combo req for each skill and when maxed smash does 700% extra damage.

The Aran class already gets a damage reduction when hunting mobs so getting a 100 combo with ur current weapon isnt that hard so long as u hunt monsters that are stronger then u.
    "One who knows nothing can understand nothing"

combo count will probably matter more in higher levels when 1+atk means alot more because of a higher default base of attack from your stats.

I am not high enough (33) to use the combo count based attacks, and so all I do right now is hit my space bar (my atk bar) over and over again doing double and triple swings, so I cant speak of the other skills, but I do look forward to them.

Goals: 45 [X] 50 [X] 60 [X] Crusader [ ] Solo Mushmom [ ] Solo Zombie Mushmom [ ] Solo Mushdad [ ] Make new sets of goals [ ]

I suggest takin ur atk button off the spacebar, the space bar is a very important key and if ur pounding away at that thing for 200 levels, u may have some problems...
    "One who knows nothing can understand nothing"

Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar

1. No. Use a weapon appropriate to your level. The point is to kill massive enemies, which respawn fast in a flat area, not to delay these by weaking yourself down. Combo is really just a training gimmick, except when you actually need it for combo moves. So use it to speed up your training, by doing actual damage. This way, it will build as you defeat creatures, not just hitting them.

2. Okay...

3. Forget that. If you want to build combos, stick to regular attacks. They don't boost, but it took about 7+ hits to kill the green eyes, instead of about 3 with double. Use double for hard core training.

4. Listen carefully, whatever format is default for attacking, CHANGE it. Ctrl and Alt is a single push button, and you have to keep pushing it. Also these are system keys, and you don't want to mess with system keys by jamming on them too hard. Switch it to a sticky key, like V or X or whatever one you feel comfy with. Hold it down, and every few seconds, the character will attack. You can break this with the Booster or with items, so long as you tap in before a few seconds pass (the combo will slow fade out). Do not wreck your hand trying to do combo after combo, simply softly press the key twice to double, and hold it loose and rub pressing down to triple. Doing this puts the minimum of strain on your hand, and allows you to make fairly good combos.
    My keyboard layout is vaguely triangular centered, with V to attack, X to pickup, space to jump (unless you're a thief, spacebar sees less use this way, yet is readily available with your left thumb), and the other buttons are commonly used skills or items.

5. That's great for you, except at some point you will actually need to train. Combos are a diversion, nothing more. You need a max of only 200 to build your most powerful skills, and any decent mob can probably give you this either by hp or its sheer numbers (or both).

Enables the visibility of combo counts. After every 10 combo counts, your stats will increase by a certain amount up to a maximum of ten times. This buff disappears when you lose your combo count.
    Can some1 explain this? It sounds like the maximum boost is at 100, and that doesn't sound right. Basically, if this is true, then the only reason to extend a combo is to keep buffs going, because after a point, combo effects don't increase. I can't really check, since it takes up too much space on the screen, and distracts me from combos.

The term "logistics" originates from the ancient Greek "λόγος" ("logos"—"ratio, word, calculation, reason, speech, oration").

Logistics is considered to have originated in the military's need to supply themselves with arms, ammunition and rations as they moved from their base to a forward position. In ancient Greek, Roman and Byzantine empires, there were military officers with the title ‘Logistikas’ who were responsible for financial and supply distribution matters.

The Oxford English dictionary defines logistics as: “The branch of military science having to do with procuring, maintaining and transporting material, personnel and facilities.” Another dictionary definition is: "The time-related positioning of resources." As such, logistics is commonly seen as a branch of engineering which creates "people systems" rather than"machine systems."
    That would refer more to pot and equip management. I think you mean more toward tactics.

Strategy is distinct from tactics. In military terms, tactics is concerned with the conduct of an engagement while strategy is concerned with how different engagements are linked. In other words, how a battle is fought is a matter of tactics: the terms that it is fought on and whether it should be fought at all is a matter of strategy.
    Strategy would be stuff like deciding the best means to level (quest? PQ? fighting monsters?) and the use of terrain (safe spots/distance) and build, while tactics concerns itself with how to fight/move.
    Last edited by bulmabriefs144; 17th December 2009 at 03:53 PM.

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Arans use "nooby" weapons early to help boost up their combos. There are two main reasons for this.
    1. Combo Medals. To get the very nice boost from the medal, you must build up a massive combo. An easy way to do this is poking mobs with minimal damage.

2. Saves money. For a completely unfunded character (like those starting in Galicia), even the minimal couple k for a new polearm is wallet breaking. With the boost from Combos, their minimal loss of weapon attack can be made up with quick combos.

I know several Arans in Galicia who used noob weapons 10-30, and then the Steel Polearm 30-64, and they did perfectly fine (in fact, one just hit 120).

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by FailFTW View Post
    After you get Combo King medal, there's really no reason to hoard combos.
    Combo Drain - requires a 30-hit combo or greater to use
    Combo Smash - requires a 30 hit combo or greater to use
    Combo Fenrir - Requires a 100 hit combo or greater to use
    Combo Tempest - Requires a 200 hit combo or greater to use
    Combo Barrier - requires a 200 hit combo or greater to use.

Quote Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post
    Can someone explain this? It sounds like the maximum boost is at 100, and that doesn't sound right. Basically, if this is true, then the only reason to extend a combo is to keep buffs going, because after a point, combo effects don't increase. I can't really check, since it takes up too much space on the screen, and distracts me from combos.
    lv 10-30, you get a combo, every 10 hits, you get +1 atk, +5 def and magic def, Up to +10 attack, +50 defense, +50 magic defense.

at 3rd job you get Combo Critical.
    I do not have 3rd job on my aran yet, and can not confirm how it works, but it says "Every time the combo count reaches 10, that's when the critical rate and the damage increases."
    and in the per level it goes from a 1 combo to a 10 combo, which I think *actually* means 10, to 100, IE 1 combo bonus, up to 10 combo bonuses, as 10, 10 hit increments. at lv 1, it adds a 1% chance of critical damage, to all hits after 10, and at lv 20 it says it has a 6% chance to do +10% critical damage, with up to 10 combo.

I think this means for every 10 hits, either your %chance to do critical damage goes up by 6%, or your bonus damage goes up by 10%, or both, meaning at 100 hits, either, 6% chance to do +100%, or 60% to do +10%, or 60% chance to do +100% more damage.

If anyone has 3rd job and can explain this skill, it would be very helpfull..

Also as noted above, combos have more use than just your buffs.